Thursday, March 31, 2011

Phase 1 - Day 25 cont'd

Hahahaha. No. Just no.

I don't know why I have such an immense mental block about doing Core Synergistics. I think it's that it looks boring, I'm sick of Tony, and I never seem to have a free hour-plus to spend on it.

Tonight, I once again rejected the concept of core synergizing, and did another Crossfit-esque workout I made up. This was what I came up with:

5 rounds for time:
400 meter run
10 pushups
50 jump ropes
20 chair dips
20 kettlebell swings

I did the workout out on my patio and before I started mapped out 400 meters around my condo parking lot. I figured I would be done in about fifteen minutes. This was a vast overestimation of my fitness ability, because in 12:50, I had just gasped my way through two rounds and was shaking. As dinner was literally waiting to be eaten in the kitchen, and I was seriously questioning my ability to even walk inside, let alone do another round, I went ahead and stopped at 2 rounds and finished up with a little ab routine of 25 situps, 25 scissor legs, and 25 mason twists.

I think I'm going to do this workout every week as a way of keeping track of fitness gains. My goal is to get to five rounds, period, forget about time. Once I get to five rounds then I'll start trying to beat my time. I'm sure there are more well-rounded circuit workouts I could use (this one is pretty heavy on arms), but whatever.

So, no Core Synergistics, once again. Who wants to place bets on whether I'll actually do Core Synergistics at all during recovery week?

No comments:

Post a Comment