Friday, March 25, 2011

Phase 1 - Day 19

Well, I've hit another stumble in my P90Xing. Today I was putting my 30/60/90-day milestones into my calendar, and I realized that the schedule is much tighter than I thought; now that I've set it back a week by repeating week 2, my last week lands right on the first week of my yoga training month. That's not gonna work. Besides being totally involved in a ten-hour yoga lecture and practice six days a week, I'll be in Canada in a rented room without any of my equipment. So basically I need to finish exactly one week earlier. Which means this repeated week? Is back to being Week 3.

Still, I feel lame that I sort of half-assed it last week, so to make up for it I'm going to do extra Crossfit WODs on the off days next week. Hopefully the extra bit of HIIT during the "recovery week" will compensate for the relatively weak Week 2.

Today was supposed to be Yoga X. Despite having mentioned that I'm curious about Tony Horton teaching yoga, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I did my own yoga series as usual this morning, and then in the afternoon I did a Crossfit workout: 21-15-9 reps of burpees, Abmat situps (I don't actually have an Abmat, but I make do with a folded pillow under my back), and kettlebell swings, for time. My kettlebell, btw, is 20 pounds.

It was a good, hard, short workout. Felt like getting back to form, in a way, after these looong P90X workouts. 21 burpees in a row? Difficult. But my overall time was 12:43, respectable, I think.

Tomorrow is Legs and Back. My calves are less sore than after last week's Plyo, but still, it's gonna hurt.





No comments:

Post a Comment