Monday, April 11, 2011

Strength, strength, strength

I keep coming across new reasons why I need to build strength. Like my ever-bigger lab puppy trying to yank away from me on her leash. Or tonight, hauling a stretcher up a flight of stairs, and back down with a patient, at two different calls. That shit is heavy. Like, my arms shake and I'm near failure kind of heavy. This just motivates me to work harder on my strength. It's not just about looking good. It's about being able to DO shit.

Today after work I chose my puppy over myself and forewent my run in order to walk her a mile before my shift. However, I did indeed have time to fit in a 21-15-9 rep workout of pullups, pistol squats, and handstands (again, just holding it against the wall while counting). Good, short workout, and I could definitely feel the effects in my back, arms and legs while climbing and jumping in and out of the ambulance tonight.

Tomorrow is going to be a really busy work day, but my plan is to get in a run and some yoga nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment