Monday, December 19, 2011

TRIUMPH

I FINALLY managed to drag my increasingly dimpled ass out of bed in the cold and dark to go to the gym before work. HUZZAH, PLAYERS.

It wasn't even that hard, because I stuck to the flow I'd come up with the previous night, wherein I got up at 6, immediately put on a pot of coffee, then took River for a 45-minute walk. By the time I got back I was awake and my body was warmed up. I drank my bulletproof coffee (which sounds gross but is AMAZING and to which I am completely addicted), got changed, and got to the gym by 7:30. Yes, yes, I'm aware that this doesn't seem all that early to those of you who have to be on the metro or road by 6 to get to work on time, but whatever, I don't have to be at work till 10 so a 6:00 wakeup is early as shit for me.

Here's what I did:

Warmup - 1 mile on treadmill

Metcon - 5x5 Burpees, Dips, Tuck jumps, Mason twists/medicine ball, and Split lunges, for time. My time: 9:11.

HIIT - Sprint/walk intervals, 1:1 min, 20 minutes

It was a good workout. The metcon portion was harder than I was expecting. I was seriously winded and had to take a couple breaks in there.

Today I packed my lunch tin with mango chicken sausages and steamed broccoli with a bit of TJ's vodka sauce for flavor, plus a tiny cut up green apple, some almond butter, and a couple slices of cheese. Tonight is usually my "cheat night" because I'm at the station, but Saturday was definitely a cheat night due to the Xmas party I went to (I actually did excellently food-wise, just ate a lot of meat and salad, but I did indeed try some of the many desserts). So tonight I'm going to try to walk the straight and narrow. Let's hope we don't go to the burger place. I am a whore for sweet potato fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment