Sunday, December 18, 2011

Heavy lifting

Yesterday I was supposed to go to the Getting Started class at Crossfit Fairfax, but as I prepared the night before and looked into how long the class is, I realized that with travel time, there was no way I would have time to go and still do all the things I had to do yesterday (lots of errands and then baking for the Fire Rescue Christmas party last night). So instead I decided I'll go to the GS class on the 28th, in about a week. That one I'll have more time for, as it's post-Xmas.

As for my workout, it had been about a week since my last heavy lifting session, so I was feeling the call of metal. I went to the fire station gym and did the following:

1-mile jog warmup

5x5s (Weights below are on each arm with dumbbells, cumulative with the barbell for deadlift; so for example, I shoulder pressed with a 25-pounder on each arm, but deadlifted 74 pounds total between the 44lb bar and 30lb of weights. I could have used the bar for bench presses but I'm too much of a pussy to do that without a spotter, TBH.)
Shoulder presses @ 25, 25, 25, 30, 30
Bench presses @ 30, 30, 30, 30, 35
Standing pulls @ 25, 25, 25, 25, 25
Bicep curls @ 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
Deadlifts @ 74, 74, 74, 86, 86

HIIT running: 20 minutes, 1:1 min sprint/walk intervals

It was a good, long, hard workout. I love lifting. Today I have... dun dun dun... the infamous 1000 rep challenge. Yaaaaaay! Last time I managed to shave 9 minutes off my time, so we'll see if I can get any faster this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment