Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bodyrock - Let It Go

Here's the thing about Bodyrock: getting back into it requires serious recovery time. After two days of workouts, yesterday I was in a world of pain. I hobbled around all day and went to bed early. I think I'll have to keep Bodyrock to a 2 day on, 1 day off schedule until my body catches back up to the general brutality of the workouts.

Today I woke up feeling refreshed and still sore but able to work out. So, I had my coffee, then tackled Let It Go. It's a reposted workout from August, so it was all Zuzana. I have a serious straight girl crush on her.

Here's the workout: Let It Go

24 rounds of 10:20 intervals, 4-exercise circuit. Here were my reps:

SIDE JUMP LUNGE -19-20-23-26-22-25
PENDULUM -19-13-26-29-30-34
SANDBAG CLEAN (vertical leaps)-5-3-8-9-9-11
UGI SQUEEZE -31-32-24-30-33-35

I did everything the modified way that she shows in the video because I don't have the equipment. The first couple of sets of vertical leaps were actually pullup and chinup negatives, because I want to keep working those into my days until I can actually do pullups and chinups.

Hard workout, but this was the first time it felt hard in a good way, not hard in a I'm-gonna-barf way. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Today I have clinicals at Lansdowne till 5, so I'm about to scarf some HB eggs and roasted turkey, maybe some cottage cheese, before I jet out.

No comments:

Post a Comment