Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bodyrock - Hot Beastie

This morning featured Trader Joe's Winter Blend, which has finally returned to the coffee aisle and is my favorite part of the winter season; an extended playtime session with River since I didn't feel like going to the dog park; and my workout, courtesy of Bodyrock.

Zuzana was back for the before-and-after, with Sean (Freddy's brother) doing the actual workout. This one was hard and required a lot of modification since I don't have half the equipment they were using. That's one of the things I like about the site, though; their workouts are easily modified and they even offer suggestions for around-the-house items to use as equipment.

Here is the workout: Hot Beastie

15 minutes of 10:50 intervals; a five-exercise circuit done three times. Here were my reps:

FRONT SQUAT - 32-34-27
REVERSE PUSH UPs - 9-9-9
PUSHUP-SQUAT-PRESSUP - 7-6-6
DIPS - 14-16-16
SANDBAG SIT UP - 12-13-13

I used two 5-lb weights in lieu of the sandbag for the three moves requiring a sandbag, and did pullup negatives on my pullup bar instead of the reverse pushups, since I don't have a dip station. Otherwise I did things pretty much as prescribed. I think I need to either bite the bullet and get a sandbag (I've tried using a duffel filled with weighs and towels, but it's really the handles and sturdiness of the sandbag that's the most important part, so it just doesn't work well), or get seem heavier dumbbells to use instead because the 5lb ones are too easy by far.

I followed up my workout with more coffee and a quick smoothie made with blueberries, spinach, whey protein, an egg, and peanut butter. For lunch I plan to pack some HB eggs, chicken breast, and some grape tomatoes. I have EMT class tonight and Thursday has been designated goin' out night, so I'll surely be having something bad for me later, whether it be beer or something else like fries, so I'm saving some caloric space (I know, it's not about the calories but about WHAT you eat, but I like to be cautious anyway when I know there will be temptation later).

Hasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment