Thursday, March 8, 2012

Squat gains, presses just chilling in neutral

I mean, I did gain a TINY bit in my push presses--basically, instead of failing out at 4 reps at 65 pounds, I was able to do two sets before I needed to scale down to 60 pounds. So, ten reps over four is a tiny improvement.

My squats went both well and not well. They went well in that I increased weight to 95 on my last set. My sets were 75, 75, 85, 85, 95. However, it was all sort of uncomfortable form-wise. The gym was really busy when I went (I need to get it through my head: do not go between 4 and 7!), so I had to wait a good 15 minutes for a rack, then when one opened up it was a squat cage rather than the slanted deadlift rack I usually like to use. Squatting inside the cage is of course safer, but I just feel weird and boxed in. No like.

Also, I was battling the lovely side effects of my Special Lady Friend, who has rolled into town with a minimum of headache this time around, but has brought with her the usual bloating and more-than-usual sad feelings. It's not as fun squatting heavy weight when a) stuff is shooting out of your uterus in a downward trajectory that the squat is, anthropologically speaking, designed to enhance, and b) you cried at a Sleepy's Mattress commercial in the car on the way to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. You should post pictures of your progress with the increased carbs and lower fat% along with your heavy weight lifting improvements! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete